Flexible Dates - pending covid-19 status
Our favourite Italian Island - we still believe that Sardinia was created for cycling! The vast range of diverse, challenging, yet relaxing landscapes is perfect for the avid cyclist who wishes to mix their day up whilst hugging the island's coastline which is filled with white sand beaches, hidden in every angle you could imagine.
Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea (after Sicily and before Cyprus) and an autonomous region of Italy. The rugged landscape is dotted with thousands of nuraghi – Bronze Age stone ruins shaped like beehives which are still a mystery. One of the largest and oldest nuraghi is Su Nuraxi in Barumini, dating to 1500 B.C.
The Strait of Bonifacio is directly north of Sardinia and separates Sardinia from the French island of Corsica, hence if you have some time on your hands, you could circumnavigate it too!
We recommend May, June, September and October to travel - avoiding peak tourist time and the heat!
ESSENTIAL TOUR INFORMATION
- Pick-up: Cagliari Airport (south of the island)
- Drop-off: Cagliari Airport
- Accommodation: Single Room or Double / Twin Accommodation in 3/4 Star Hotels
- Duration: 12 nights and days (please speak to use about 7/8 day options)
- Meals: all meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Lunch: the van will be equipped with fresh food on a daily basis
- Dinner: all meals are a-la-carte
- Drinks at Dinner: water, soft drinks and 1/2 bottle of wine per person
- Tour Guide/s: for every 6 7 guests
- Support Van/s & Driver/s: for every 6 -7 riding guests, carrying sprare tubes, tools, pump etc.
- Snacks & Drinks: the van will be equipped with water, soft drinks, electrolytes, fruit, muesli bars, fresh bread, cold meats, vegetables etc.
- The price noted is only an indication, we allow you to customise your price based on hotel stars and room types
- Italy has excellent 3 Star hotels which can assist those who wish to meet a specific budget
- Meals can be either included, partially included or excluded
- Please speak to us more about these options as part of our FLEXIBILITY promise
brief itinerary: can be modified to suit fitness level of group
If you cannot do the full 12 Day Tour, please contact us for the East Coast or West Coast Week options!
- Day 1: Pick-up Cagliari Airport - hotel check-in, briefing, bike fits, easy ride.
- Day 2: Cagliari > Porto Pinetto (95km)
- Day 3: Porto Pinetto > Portu Maga (105km)
- Day 4: Portu Maga > S'Archittu (86km)
- Day 5: S'Archittu > Alghero (80km)
- Day 6: Alghero Rest Day or Easy Ride to Capo Caccia
- Day 7: Alghero > Porto Torres (90km )
- Day 8: Porto Torres > Vignola Mare (80km)
- Day 9: Vignola Mare > Golfo Aranci (100km)
- Day 10: Golfo Aranci > Orosei (110km)
- Day 11: Orosei > Santa Maria Navarrese (90km)
- Day 12: Santa Maria Navarrese > Capoferrato ( 95km)
- Day 13: Transfer to Cagliari Airport
You can choose to bring your own, or make the most of one of our beautiful fleet of Pinarello's
The following activities will be included in the Tour Price:
- Sailing: afternoon sailing trip
- Wine Tasting
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Visit to Waterfall which flows into ocean on the west coast
- Pinarello Bike (no extra charge)
- Bike Insurance (only for bikes in our fleet)
- Tour Program including Maps, Profiles, Graphs and Statistics for every day and all major climbs
- Transfers to and from Airport on dedicated days as per the itinerary
- Custom Castelli Kit (summer knicks and jersey)
- Day Bag for carrying jackets, arm warmers etc.
- Laundry Bag (Laundry service is included and performed every 2/3 days)
Our standard Exclusions apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page
Our standard Cancellation rules apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page